- Competent Rigger II
December 19, 2019 - December 20, 2019
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Course Content: Similar to Competent Rigger Level 1, except this course also includes workshops designed to ensure the student has gained a hands on understanding of the training material.
Part 1. General
- Rigging Practices – correct practices vs. common mistakes.
- Center of Gravity – effects on suspended load.
- Headroom – calculating sling length using Pythagorean Theory.
- Taglines – basic do’s and don’ts.
- Hitch Types – vertical, choker & basket.
- Load angle factors – calculating force on a sling based on the angle.
- D/d ratios – resultant decrease in a slings ultimate strength.
- Load Weight Estimation – for common construction materials.
- Sling Protectors – 3-types including cut protection for synthetic slings.
- Crane Signals.
Part 2. Sling Inspection: Review the following sling types and their respective tagging and general inspection requirements. Includes a demonstration of periodic inspection requirements per the current ASME B.30.9 Standard.
- Web Slings
- Wire Rope Slings
- Alloy Chain Slings
- Wire Mesh Slings
Part 3. Hardware Inspection: Review basic types of rigging hardware and their respective identification requirements and proper use. Includes a demonstration of periodic inspection requirements per the current ASME B.30.10 and B.30.26 Standards.
- Shackle Inspection
- Hooks, swivel inspection
- Master link and Ring inspection
- G-Link™ Inspection
- Eyebolt & Swivel Hoist Ring Inspection
- Turnbuckle Inspection
- Wire Rope Clip Inspection
Part 4. Written Evaluation: Multiple-choice and True & False questions.
Venue: I & I Sling, Inc. (Philadelphia, PA)
I & I Sling, Inc.
205 Bridgewater Road
Aston, PA 19014