- Competent Rigger I
March 18, 2020
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Part 1. General
- Rigging Practices – correct practices vs. common mistakes.
- Center of Gravity – effects on suspended load.
- Taglines – basic do’s and don’ts.
- Hitch Types – vertical, choker & basket.
- Load angle factors – Calculating force on sling based on angle.
- D/d ratios – resultant decrease in a slings ultimate strength.
- Sling Protectors – 3-types including cut protection for synthetic slings.
Part 2. Sling Inspection: Review the following sling types and their respective tagging and general inspection requirements. Includes a demonstration of periodic inspection requirements per the current ASME B.30.9 Standard.
- Web Slings
- Wire Rope Slings
- Alloy Chain Slings
- Wire Mesh Slings
Part 3. Hardware Inspection: Review basic types of rigging hardware and their respective identification requirements and proper use. Includes a demonstration of periodic inspection requirements per the current ASME B.30.10 and B.30.26 Standards.
- Shackle Inspection
- Hooks, swivel inspection
- Master link and Ring inspection
- G-Link™ Inspection
- Eyebolt & Swivel Hoist Ring Inspection
- Turnbuckle Inspection
Part 4. Written Evaluation: Multiple-choice and True & False questions.
Note: Competent Rigger Level II does not require Competent Rigger Level I as a prerequisite.
Venue: I & I Sling, Inc. (Philadelphia, PA)
I & I Sling, Inc.
205 Bridgewater Road
Aston, PA 19014